April didn’t bring us any showers here in Phoenix, and the flowers happened not in May as promised, but last month. I actually marveled at the wildflowers on the side of the road en route to work and back every day, my drive was simply gorgeous. Everything is all dried up and crispy already, though. May is always warm, and since we had such a mild winter, it’s probably going to be straight up hot. But I won’t complain. Yet.
I’m sure everyone has a busy month ahead of them. Between graduations, weddings and baby showers, it’s sort of par for the course, right? School will end, summer break will begin. Here is our agenda for May this year (which is pretty close to our May last year-birthdays, graduations, baby showers, weddings, they all happen around this time every year, right?)
- Volunteering for the AZ Kids Count Walk-A-Thon benefitting the Arizona non-profit New Pathways for Youth May 10th. If you are interested in sponsoring us, click here. I mentor for this program, and it’s seriously THE best!
- A co-worker’s baby shower. Shocker, I know 🙂
- My niece and my sister’s birthday parties on the same day. Seriously? My sisters are crazy.
- Lake Havasu for Memorial Day weekend! Ack! I can’t wait!
- A bachelorette party that I may or may not attend. It’s on a Thursday night. WHY??? I can’t attend the sure-to-be amazing wedding either. It’s in beautiful Sedona, and if you’ve not been there, it’s truly worth a trip.
- Weekly mentoring sessions end once school gets out. So not looking forward to missing my girl every week. We do plan to get together over the summer, though!
- A few other birthday parties. Because there isn’t a month that goes by without one around here!
- Finishing some projects that I hope to post in May-EEE!
- Continue to work on and marvel at the garden this year, and do a super special voodoo garden dance so it doesn’t get fried before June!
So that’s my May, what’s happening for yours? Shoot me a comment every now and then, I love those 🙂
Here are some posts from last May: